Wednesday 4 May 2011

Charlie's Comedians - A - Andrews, Will

Well, I must say Will Andrews does a very convincing North East accent! I honestly thought he was from up here...turns out he was born in Zimbabwe! Anyway, apparently he started off doing this Geordie character, Tony Carter. I haven't seen him do this but when I have seen him he's still had our accent! So, I'm a little confused about that. Nevermind.

I've only seen him twice and never for a full set; once was with Greg McHugh when they did about ten minutes as part of a Juppcast (in 2008) as Will and Greg, their sketch show.

The next time I saw him was at the very end of the Fringe in 2009 when he did a set for BBC Comedy Presents which included him playing the Dogtanian theme on his ipod and doing a bit of stuff based on that. R laughed for about ten minutes!

I'm not sure what a full hour of Will would be like - chaotic and a bit all over the place perhaps but with moments of surprising stuff relating to eighties cartoons. I honestly don't know but maybe one day I'll find out.
And the eternal question: do I fancy him? No, I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment